Sunday, August 2, 2009

"Can't make it tough enough to complain..."

The words "Can't make it tough enough for me to complain," always resonate in the back of mind when I am faced with unfortunate circumstances. My youth pastor, Rick Bene, introduced this slogan to me back when I was in high school. It has always stuck with me throughout the years. When things don't always go the way I want them to....or if my selfish desires begin to show, I try to remember that someone out there has it worse. There is someone out there who isn't able to experience life like me or to have been blessed the way I have. Now, don't get me wrong....I still complain and I still fail to make true sacrifices, but I know that no matter how tough it gets it is never tough enough for me to complain........


I recently watched an episode of Outside the Lines on ESPN. It was a story about a boy who lost his legs in a freak train accident at the age of 11. He decided from that moment on that he did not want to spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair. He knew he had to build up his muscles in order to move around normally. This opened up the perfect opportunity to wrestle.....not to mention a friendship that runs deeper than most.....



1 comment:

Myra Medlin said...

OK - you knew I would cry and yes, I did. That was so wonderful! Counting my blessings everyday.