Friday, July 24, 2009

Addition by Subtraction....

By getting rid of some old stuff....and then looking through all my Pops' sheds full of cool antique stuff....this is what we have added to the house so far. Also, we finally splurged and bought a new comforter and bedsheets for the master and guest beds. Check it out.....

bought a new lamp at Bed Bath & Beyond to lighten up the room a little.....my TV is almost as old as the antique washstand its sitting on top of
Phew! the most money I will ever spend for something I sleep on....

Antique dresser with a handmade ceramic bowl!
I just had to put this frame up in the house...gotta commemorate the occasion!

Antique bed from an estate sale along with an old coffee table

Picture of an old cottage-style house

below is a cool marble lamp I found in one of the sheds along with another handmade bowl

the Church in the picture below is First Prez of Augusta, where my brother and his family are members. The plane is made out of scrap metal and screws. It all sits on the Antique Secretary's Desk I bought in Monroe

the Guest Bed is covered in a Duvet that I bought at a Yard Sale for 30 Bucks....

3 comments:

Amy Harrison said...

your home is really coming together nicely! Married life is treating you wonderfully so far!!!

Jason Medlin said...

Antique dresser with a (handmade ceramic bowl!) I'm trying to picture you saying the part in parenthesis with enthusiasm and seeing you genuinely overjoyed about a ceramic bowl, I'm having a hard time...

Amy Story said...

Love the T.V! It reminded me of the one with the turn dial that Craig and I started out with. These are sweet times that you and Jenny will treasure forever!