Sunday, February 22, 2009

....I am getting Baptized....

Through prayer and counseling, as well as conviction, I have decided that I am going to get baptized at Loganville First Baptist. It will be during the 3rd service at 11:00 am on Sunday March the 1st.
I actually surrendered my life to the Lord in 1999, when I was a freshman in college. I can honestly say that my life has dramatically and radically changed. Being a Christian is a lifestyle...and I believe that with that lifestyle comes responsibilities. There are 3 main reasons that I am getting Baptized: I want to follow Jesus Christ's example, the Lord commanded it, and I want to show that I am a believer in the one and only way to eternal life. My road to this decision has not been easy, especially since I have been saved for quite sometime. I have fought through internal fears of humility, doubt, and way too many self-rationalizations to account for in the past year....especially when it came to Baptism. I was not ashamed of my decision, 10 years ago, to lay my life at the cross at 3:00 in the morning of Napier Residence Hall, sobbing in tears of joy! I will not be ashamed of it now! Thank you Lord for your Grace and Mercy with me!

2 Corinthians 5:17

17-Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coach,

This blog is pretty cool....thanks for the example that you are setting for the Peevy kids. They love the "Early Birds" club, and I appreciate your willingness to share your time and your testimony.

Mark

Anonymous said...

Craig and I are very excited for you! God is going to bless you for your faithfulness to Him. You are such a testimony to so many!
Craig and Amy

Kristal said...

That's awesome Smed! Wish I could be there to see it.