Sunday, March 1, 2009

Baptized, indoor and out.......

Today was an awesome, yet strange day to say the least. Today was the day that I was baptized in front of my family, friends, and many others. I wanted to let others know about the lifestyle decision that I made 10 years ago as a freshman in college, which changed my life dramatically. That decision was to accept Jesus Christ into my heart and surrender everything to him. Just like Pastor Ronnie said, "the gift of salvation is free, but it must cost everything." It was awesome to look out from the baptismal pit and see all the people that support me. My friends, the Scharffs, the Hills, the Hendersons, the Bradfords, and many others came....my family members like my Uncle Mack and Grandma came......My fiance Jenny came with her family.......My moms and pops , and my cousin Crystal came....it truly was unbelievable and overwhelming to realize how blessed I am to have friends and family that love me! Not to mention, what a great friend Keith Wages has become in the past few years....having Keith baptize me on Sunday, March 1st 2009 will be another great memory added to the list of many! On a lighter note....the weather seemed to be baptizing everything in sight....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matt! I knew you secretly loved Ava!!