Monday, March 2, 2009

So what's up with my limbs and ligaments.....

I recently got an MRI to determine the status of my left ankle and right knee. I suffered a severe sprained ankle in September of '08, and it still doesn't feel much better. It has gotten tolerable, but not better. Inversion Sprain on left....




As for my knee, where do I begin? Due to excessive bow-leggedness and trauma caused by a hit-by-car accident at an early age, my legs have been through a lot. About 2 years ago I had a "High Tibial Osteotomy" to help out with my right knee, which was far worse off than my left.
















Well,......the MRI came back with some bad news! I have a torn Anterior Talofibular Ligament in my ankle, as well as a subtle Medial Meniscus tear in my knee. I truly am starting to believe that these ongoing injuries mean several things: 1) I am getting older 2) God is a jealous God and wants me to put him before sports 3) Getting injured affects more people than just myself....I now have a soon-to-be-wife, a job, and many other committments and responsibilities.













After talking with Jenny....and prayer.........
My plan is to not do anything aggressive with the injuries until after the wedding and honeymoon. The recovery is too long for it not to hinder the ceremony. I am going to refrain from playing most sports....I did say most...because, with an ankle sleeve, ankle brace, knee brace, and 5 Ibuprofen I can still manage some activity! Besides, I need to stay active for the most part...I just need to slow it down. I am not naive to the fact that God may eventually strip all sports away from me. Especially if I continue to put them ahead of My God. Through these injuries I have realized how big of an idol sports has been in my life. There is no room for that! This Blog post is not a sob story or a fish attempt for sympathy...I am just letting you all into my life and the events that come along with it.

No comments: